Thinking of a DIY Move? Why You Should Use Professional Movers Every Time
We all desire a smooth and stress-free move. After all, moving is meant to be an exciting point in our lives—allowing us with the opportunity to re-direct our lives in the way we want. The best way to take advantage of this change is to celebrate the transition with a hassle-free move. Professional moving services can help you achieve that smooth transition so that you can focus on making the most out of your brand-new start. The typical relocation process consists of a flurry of decisions, actions, and movements to be made on a tight schedule. For example, moving dates and packing schedules need to be planned, items need to be sorted, packed, sold, or donated, and real estate plans need to be arranged—just to name a few.
One of the biggest decisions you’ll make, however, has to do with the actual physical task of moving your belongings. Are you handling the move yourself from start to finish, or are you hiring full-service movers to lend a hand with reliable moving and storage services? Packing services and furniture assembly are just some of the perks can take advantage of when you choose to work with a professional moving company. However, the real benefit to hiring professional movers is the burden-free, no-stress experience they offer—and the relief of knowing your moving project will be on schedule and in good hands.
Reasons to Hire Professional Movers
Below are some of the benefits that professional moving services can make for your next relocation.
- Physical Strain: It might seem simple enough to move a couple of boxes or pieces of furniture. However, you are probably not prepared to move an entire house full of items – no matter how achievable it may seem! Don’t risk a back injury lifting bulky items such as a couch, bed, or dresser when you can trust trained professionals to do the work for you. They have the experience, equipment, and stamina needed to take care of the heavy lifting.
- Time-Saving Options: Your time is valuable, especially when you’re trying to wrap everything up at your old place before you make the journey to your new home. Instead of worrying about the packing and moving logistics, your time should be spent on the important things – getting your family prepared for new schools and jobs and saying goodbye to your friends. Choose a comprehensive mover that can take care of the physical move so you can take care of everything else. Plus, you can take comfort in knowing that your move date is scheduled and backed by movers who will be on time and will take care of any last-minute details that come up.
- Cost: While moving or packing yourself is often thought to be a more cost-efficient solution, hiring professional movers can often save you money in the long run. From renting a moving van to damaging your furniture because you don’t have the right equipment, there are many unforeseen factors that can cause your moving costs to skyrocket.
- Accountability: Nationwide movers carry comprehensive insurance policies that address any liability issues that arise. As the customer, you can decide how comprehensive you want your coverage to be. Plus, with their company reputation on the line, you can trust that your movers will do everything in their power to ensure that your belongings arrive at your new home safely. The best part is that if the worst happens, it’s covered when you choose professional movers instead of relying on yourself or friends and family.
- Safe Driving: When you consider the actual transportation of your belongings to the new place, the moving process is often much safer with drivers who are familiar with the roads and trucks. When was the last time you drove a 16-foot truck whether locally or long distance? When you hand this task over to the movers, you can ride to your new destination in the comfort of your personal vehicle or by plane.
Consider a Full-Service Move for More Assistance
Sometimes, people are too busy to take on the heavy demands of the moving process themselves. If this is the case, consider the services typically offered by a full-service moving company.
- Packing: Most moving companies offer full-service moving and storage services, including packing and unpacking options as part of their quote or affordable add-on.
- Furniture Disassembly and Reassembly: Taking apart your home’s furniture and putting it back together in your new location can take hours and often causes additional frustration. Leave this task to your movers who have the experience and tools necessary to get the job done quickly while you settle in.
- High-Quality Wrapping, Custom Crating, and Moving Supplies: Remove the stress of finding the right supplies for a DIY move, and have the movers do it for you.
- Proper Equipment: Professional movers have all of the right equipment—not just whatever is handy. This includes hoisting straps, multiple dollies of different configurations, ramps, pulleys, cushions, and more.
- Storage: No matter how carefully you’ve choreographed your move, sometimes unexpected changes can interfere with your moving timeline. When this occurs, your belongings can be left in limbo. When you have professional movers, you can take advantage of excellent short- and long-term storage solutions as well as storage-in-transit so you can relax while you wait for everything to arrive.
With everything added up, it’s clear that hiring nationwide movers outweighs the benefits of handling the move by yourself. Save yourself the stress and health hazard and start requesting moving quotes to get a head start on your next move.
Roy Cohen is the President of Solomon and Sons Relocation Services, an AMSA-certified ProMover.