Welcome to the American Moving & Storage Association, the national trade association for the professional moving industry. Based in the Washington, D.C., area, AMSA supports consumer-friendly policies and represents the interests of the moving and storage industry.
AMSA represents approximately 3,500 members, including interstate moving and storage companies and local and international movers, plus industry suppliers and state association members. AMSA supports effective government regulations and policies that protect consumers while allowing members to provide quality service at compensatory prices, and we work to ensure that consumers understand the value of professional moving and storage services.
We offer a complete range of services to our members, including federal government advocacy, compliance services, professional education and certification programs, industry data and statistics, loss and damage claim arbitration, and publications that can keep you well-informed about the latest news and trends affecting your business.
Thank you to all our members for helping to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct and service.
AMSA President and CEO
Vice President, Military Policy
Develops AMSA’s military policy positions & educates members on DoD & GSA personal property rules & procedures. Serves as staff liaison to AMSA's Government Traffic Committee. Prior to joining AMSA, John spent 25 years in Traffic Management for the Air Force & DoD serving in locations worldwide.
Director, Meetings & Sales
Plans and implements AMSA’s annual conference and expo, Capitol Hill event, and board and committee meetings. Also manages exhibitor, sponsorship and advertising opportunities. Oversees the Summit Award and serves as staff liaison to the Supplier Committee.
Jacquelyn Ganskopp, CPA
Chief Financial Officer
Oversees all accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial, pension & investment activities, plus central service functions including human resources, information technology, purchasing & building services.
Senior Director of Membership
Oversee all membership services, including the membership database & annual billing, as well as compliance services & ProMover certification.
Senior Director of Communications
- Oversees media relations, marketing, website, social media, education & conference activities
- Sets the strategic vision for AMSA's consumer, member & industry communications
- Serves as the liaison with the Communications Advisory Committee (CAC)
Manager, ProMover and Compliance
- Manage member screening prior
- Compile industry statistical data
- Oversee & provide support to the 400NG program
Director of Government Affairs
Served on the staff of former U.S. Representative John L. Mica (R-Fla.) as a district office representative. Responsible for advocating on behalf of AMSA members before Congress and federal agencies.
Paul joined AMSA after serving nearly 10 years as senior transportation policy advisor for Rep. Don Young. He oversees congressional and regulatory outreach and advocacy on behalf of the AMSA’s approximately
Director of Marketing and
As a marketing leader for more than 18 years, Rachel manages all marketing communications and information for AMSA members and consumers, including digital and print. She also manages the Chairman’s Circle and Member Discount Partner sponsorships.
- Maintains CEO's schedule by planning & scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences & travel
- Conserves CEO's time by reading & routing correspondence; drafting letters & documents; initiating telecommunications
- Acting as the point of contact between the CEO & internal & external clients
Manager, Rate Filing Services
Manages AMSA’s Rate Filing services which includes 3 separate filings for GSA/DOD and quarterly reports for GSA. Works with John Becker on Government Affairs communications regarding rate filing schedules, updates and deadlines. Serves as primary staff liaison to AMSA’s Safety Committee.
Stephanie Elko Thomas
- Manage the new membership applications & annual billing
- Maintain & update member contact information
- Manage CMC & COIC certification programs
- Serve as staff liaison for 40Below
Director of Training and Certification
Develops and delivers all educational trainings, including the highly-rated Leaders Program, plus CPL, CMC, COIC and RIM. Before joining AMSA, MaryScott was a third-generation mover in a family-owned business, where she started as a packer and later served as executive vice president.
Marketing and E-Media Manager
- Graphic/mulitimedia designer for all marketing & communications, conferences and publications