Each month, about 20,000 people visit Moving.org. Members only of the American Moving & Storage Association are welcome to contribute posts for The Moving Blog under the following guidelines:
1. We have the right to accept or reject any submitted post for any reason, which we are not obligated to disclose to the guest author. Posts should be about 600-800 words in length.
2. Posts should not be self-promotional but should provide real value using tips and information of importance to consumers for any point in the moving process.
3. The post should be well-written using proper spelling and grammar in AP Style. You are welcome to update a blog post you’ve written that has appeared elsewhere, but the text should not be an exact duplicate and must include significant edits in order to be considered an original post for The Moving Blog.
4. Proper attribution of data, quotations and other third-party content should be referenced in the post.
5. We may suggest edits to a submitted post, which will be shared with the guest author for feedback and confirmation prior to our approval.
6. The guest author and company will be credited in a brief 1-2 sentence bio at the end of the post with a link back to their website.
7. We retain the copyright to all material published in The Moving Blog. Posts also may be placed on the guest author’s blog or website after being published in The Moving Blog, along with credit to The Moving Blog. Otherwise, a link to the blog post with the headline and a brief summary or blurb is appropriate. Requests to republish elsewhere will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Only the American Moving & Storage Association can approve these requests.
8. New posts will be shared on our Facebook page and Twitter feed, and the guest author is encouraged to do the same on their company’s social media channels.
9. We reserve the right to remove any published works by a guest author from The Moving Blog without prior warning or explanation.
10. By submitting a blog post for review, you are agreeing to the terms outlined in these policies. The American Moving & Storage Association reserves the right to change these policies at any time.
To submit a blog post for consideration, please email it in a Word file to Mike Keaton. Add any images you’d like to include as attachments to the email. Allow 5-10 business days for review. You will be notified if the post has been accepted and when it will be published.
The American Moving & Storage Association represents professional movers across the country and serves as the home of the ProMover certification program. We screen and certify professional movers, and educate consumers about how to have a safe, successful move. Our approximately 3,500 members include small, family-run businesses; national van lines; and industry suppliers—hard-working Americans who make moving across town or around the world possible. Find a certified ProMover near you at Moving.org.
If you have an idea for a post or a topic you’d like to see featured in The Moving Blog, contact AMSA’s senior director of communications, Mike Keaton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re looking for tips and resources for finding a mover or planning your move, visit Moving.org. For more information about the American Moving & Storage Association, or the moving industry, visit our association page.