RIM / International ProMover
The Registered International Mover® (RIM) program has established universal standards for international moving companies and their personnel, while raising their overall level of professionalism and performance.
AMSA has taken the RIM® program to the next level by creating the International ProMover certification, providing customers of international household goods relocation services with a means of differentiating and selecting qualified international moving companies throughout the world. More than 200 companies and over 1000 individuals throughout the world currently hold either the corporate and individual RIM® certification.
RIM companies have been certified through training, testing and verification that they meet the standards for equipment and facilities to handle quality international household goods relocations safely and efficiently. Companies that earn the ProMover designation provide the highest ethical principles and practices of the moving and storage industry. When the Certifications are combined, RIM certified companies that meet the ProMover requirements will become “International ProMovers.” The International ProMover designation is available only to moving companies.
For more information on RIM Certified companies, how you and your company can qualify for RIM certification, or information on becoming an International ProMover, contact AMSA Director of Training and Certification MaryScott Tuck.
- One year experience in providing international household goods relocation services
- Member of AMSA in good standing for at least 18 months
- Hold a US or any other country operating authority necessary to legally perform applicant’s business
- Designated individual(s) must pass written exam on behalf of company
- Company must meet RIM standards for equipment, facilities and security documentation, which are verified by random on-site visits
- Adhere to International ProMover Code of Ethics
- In order to be eligible for re-certification the company must have a minimum of three employees certified, including either office staff or packers and crewmembers
- BBB rating of “C” or better, for companies rated by the BBB, in countries where BBB ratings are available
- Additional review of complaint history by AMSA staff
- Must provide references from business partners
IT IS OUR PURPOSE…
TO PROVIDE customers of International household goods relocation services with a standardized, independent means of differentiating and selecting qualified companies operating anywhere in the world.
TO ESTABLISH universal industry standards while raising the overall level of professionalism and performance of international moving companies and personnel.
TO IDENTIFY a core body of knowledge, procedures, documents and skills embodied in training and measured in certification programs, which reduce the number of service failures, improve customer satisfaction and elevate the consistency of quality service of certified companies and individuals.
OUR COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: RIM® is committed to providing the international household goods moving and storage industry with the highest level of quality, integrity-based training and certification.