Welcome to the American Moving & Storage Association, the national trade association for the professional moving industry. Based in the Washington, D.C., area, AMSA’s mission is to represent the interest of the domestic and international moving and storage industry and to help the customers it serves.
The moving industry is unique because we are the freight haulers who move people. In the midst of life-changing transitions, we are responsible for transporting and caring for the precious possessions of millions of families, including those who serve our nation’s military, along with fine art and the priceless collections of public institutions, and the high technology equipment that keeps the economy running, and in some cases, saves lives.
AMSA represents approximately 4,000 members, including interstate moving and storage companies, local movers, international movers plus industry suppliers and state association members. AMSA supports effective government regulations and policies that protect consumers while allowing members to provide quality service at compensatory prices, and we work to ensure that consumers understand the value of professional moving and storage services.
Because our association is member-driven, we offer a complete range of services, including federal government representation, legal and tax assistance, professional education and certification programs, financial and statistical reporting, loss and damage claim dispute arbitration. and publications designed to keep you well-informed about the latest news and trends affecting your business.
Please join us in helping the industry represent your interests in the corridors of power, and in helping you maintain the highest standards of professional conduct and service.
AMSA President and CEO
Director, Military Policy
Develops AMSA’s military policy positions & educates members on DoD & GSA personal property rules & procedures. Serves as staff liaison to AMSA's Government Traffic Committee. Prior to joining AMSA, John spent 25 years in Traffic Management for the Air Force & DoD serving in locations worldwide.
Director, Meetings & Sales
Plans and implements AMSA’s annual conference and expo, Capitol Hill event, and board and committee meetings. Also manages exhibitor, sponsorship and advertising opportunities. Oversees the Summit Award and serves as staff liaison to the Supplier Committee.
- Manage the new membership applications & annual billing
- Maintain & update member contact information
- Manage CMC & COIC certification programs
- Serve as staff liaison for 40Below
Manager, Compliance Services / Products and Services
- Manage Household Goods Dispute Settlement Program (Arbitration)
- Manage process & fulfillment of product orders
- Process & file Form BOC-3 (Designation of Process Agents) with the FMCSA
Jacquelyn Ganskopp, CPA
Chief Financial Officer
Oversees all accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial, pension & investment activities, plus central service functions including human resources, information technology, purchasing & building services.
Senior Director of Membership
Oversee all membership services, including the membership database & annual billing, as well as compliance services & ProMover certification.
- Advocates on behalf of AMSA’s members with Congress and
- Manages regulatory affairs with FMCSA and other agencies
- Coordinates Congressional
Senior Director of Communications
- Oversees media relations, marketing, website, social media, education & conference activities
- Sets the strategic vision for AMSA's consumer, member & industry communications
- Serves as the liaison with the Communications Advisory Committee (CAC)
Manager, Rate Filing Services
Oversees & handles several filings & reports throughout the year for both military & GSA domestic & international moves, along with running the billings & archiving for these services. Updates members on any rate filing schedules, news & deadlines.
Manager, ProMover and Compliance
- Manage member screening prior
- Compile industry statistical data
- Oversee & provide support to the 400NG program
Paul joined AMSA after serving nearly 10 years as senior transportation policy advisor for Rep. Don Young. He oversees congressional and regulatory outreach and advocacy on behalf of the AMSA’s approximately
Director of Marketing and
As a marketing leader for more than 18 years, Rachel manages all marketing communications and information for AMSA members and consumers, including digital and print. She also manages the Chairman’s Circle and Member Discount Partner sponsorships.
- Maintains CEO's schedule by planning & scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences & travel
- Conserves CEO's time by reading & routing correspondence; drafting letters & documents; initiating telecommunications
- Acting as the point of contact between the CEO & internal & external clients
Director of Training and Certification
Develops and delivers all educational trainings, including the highly-rated Leaders Program, plus CPL, CMC, COIC and RIM. Before joining AMSA, MaryScott was a third-generation mover in a family-owned business, where she started as a packer and later served as executive vice president.
Marketing and E-Media Manager
- Graphic/mulitimedia designer for all marketing & communications, conferences and publications